Blog

Boy Rushed to Emergency Room After By accident Swallowing AirPod

A 7-year-old boy from Georgia was rushed to the hospital after unintentionally swallowing an AirPod, which he acquired as a Christmas reward.

Kiara Stroud, the boy’s mom, informed native Atlanta station WSB-TV 2 that her son was “holding it in his mouth by the lengthy half.” It stays unclear what precisely occurred to make the boy swallow one of many wi-fi earbuds, however an X-ray taken on the Kids’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egelston confirmed that the AirPod was in his abdomen, just under the ribcage.

Stroud shared a picture of the X-ray on Fb. “No extra AirPods for this child,” she wrote, and informed WSB-TV 2’s Tyisha Fernandes that her second-grader will in all probability have to stay to old style headsets till he will get a bit of bit older.

Stroud’s son, in the meantime, informed his mom that he doesn’t need to be close to his cellphone, which he additionally acquired as a present on Christmas. “I don’t need it to hook up with my cellphone and begin taking part in music,” the boy stated to her.

Fortuitously for the boy, he is not going to have to endure surgical procedure because of the incident. The medical doctors on the hospital determined to go away the AirPods inside his abdomen, because the wi-fi earbud will “move” naturally.

Consider it or not, this isn’t the primary time that somebody swallowed an AirPod. It was reported in Might that Ben Hsu from Taiwan fell asleep along with his AirPods in his ears. Upon waking up, considered one of them was lacking, and after utilizing the Discover My AirPods function, he heard a beeping sound from his abdomen.

Hsu went to the hospital, the place an X-ray confirmed that he unintentionally swallowed the wi-fi earbud. Nevertheless, much like the case with Stroud’s son, the medical doctors advisable to easily watch for the AirPods to emerge from the opposite finish of his gastrointestinal tract.

The kicker to that story is that when he lastly acquired his AirPod again, Hsu stated that it nonetheless labored even after being submerged in abdomen acid. Whereas this speaks volumes for the sturdiness of Apple’s wi-fi earbuds, it ought to go with out saying that it’s a good suggestion to keep away from swallowing them within the first place.

Editors’ Suggestions



Related posts

Leave a Comment